Outlook stuck on loading profile is something that troubles the users a lot. A blue screen appears with Outlook 365 written on it and “Loading Profile” mentioned at the bottom. You too might have experienced a similar situation with your Outlook where it refuses to open, freezes, and won’t get past the loading profile. Such an issue, won’t let you access the emails or perform any other task with Outlook.
So, if your Outlook hangs on loading profile and you are struggling to find the exact answer then you have landed on the right page. Here, in this blog, we have mentioned some quick tips that you should implement to get your Outlook up and running. Let’s get started.
Why is my Outlook stuck on loading profile?
Your Outlook couldn’t go past the loading profile due to multiple reasons. Let’s look at them all.
- Outlook not launched with complete administrator privileges.
- Outlook is having some suspicious or malicious add-ins.
- Error in your computer may also lead to the Outlook loading profile problem.
- Accumulation of too many processes in the task manager.
- Network connectivity problems.
- Activated Outlook Presence options.
- Some Outlook files or PST files are corrupted.
- The Outlook profile is corrupted.
How to Fix Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile Problem?
Now as you are well aware of why your Outlook hangs on loading profile, now is the time to fix the issue. Here are the different ways that you must try to get rid of this problem.
Solution 1. Run Outlook as an administrator
Outlook not working with full administrator privileges is the primary reason for Outlook stuck on loading profile errors. To resolve the issue you must work on Outlook with full admin permissions. Here’s what you should do.
- Click the Start icon and locate Outlook.exe on the list.
- Right-click on it and then select Run as administrator from the drop-down list.
- Click Yes on the confirmation screen.
Solution 2. Activate Safe Mode in Outlook
Running Outlook in safe mode helps you to identify the troubled add-ins. Moreover, with Outlook in safe mode, you can only open the essential files. Here is how you can do safe mode settings.
- Right-click on the Start icon and select Run.
- Type Outlook.exe /safe in the Run box and hit Enter.
- Select your Profile and click Ok.
- Go to the File menu on the left side panel and click Options.
- Now you will land on the Outlook settings menu, here click add-ins.
- Go to the Manage drop-down box and click COM add-ins and click Go.
- Deselect all the checkboxes in the add-ins list and click Ok.
- Now you should close the Outlook and reopen it.
- Now start activating the add-ins to identify the bad ones causing an issue.
However, if Outlook stuck on loading profile even in safe mode, then the accumulated processes in the Task Manager could be the reason. The next steps will explain how to kill them.
Solution 3. Open Task Manager to end MS Office processes
Opening up too many MS Office processes in the background can be worrisome and leads to Outlook getting stuck on the loading profile. Hence you should open the Task Manager to get rid of it.
- Go to the Windows taskbar.
- Right-click on it and select Task Manager on the list.
- The Task manager window opens, click the Processes tab.
- Locate the MS office processes, right-click on them one by one and click End Task.
- Now relaunch Outlook to get it back to get past the Loading Profile blue screen.
Solution 4. Turn on the Airplane mode
Outlook connects to the email server to retrieve new emails as soon as you launch Outlook. Outlook hangs on loading profile if this process fails due to any reason like network issue or alike. To fix it you must run Outlook on airplane mode and here are the steps.
- Move your cursor to the bottom right corner and click on the Notification icon.
- Click over the Airplane Mode to enable it.
- Now right-click on the Outlook icon and click Open.
These steps will fix the network connectivity issues hence resolving Outlook stuck on loading profile problems.
Solution 5. Repair corrupted SCANPST.exe files
There could be an instance where the damaged and corrupted Outlook PST files may cause an error. Those corrupted files further lead to Outlook not opening past loading profiles. Follow the below steps to fix it.
- Right-click on the Outlook icon and click Properties on the drop-down list.
- On the new window click the Shortcut tab.
- Click Open file location to visit the Outlook app.
- Now you’ll find the list of files, here you should locate the file with name scan SCANPST.exe.
- Double-Click over it to open the file.
- Now you should enter the file name that you want to scan and click Browse. Use the part C:\users\username\AppData\local\Microsoft\Outlook.
- Alternatively, you can also visit C:users\username\roaming\local\Microsoft\Outlook.
- After choosing any of these paths you should click the Start button.
- Now, checkmark against Make a backup of scanned file before repairing and click Repair.
- Now you should re-launch Outlook to see if it gets you past Outlook loading profile’s blue screen.
Solution 6. Deactivate the Outlook Presence
Sometimes to fix Outlook stuck on loading profile you should turn off the Outlook Presence option. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the File tab and then click Options.
- Choose the option People on the left side panel.
- Go to the section Online status and photographs, which will be located on the right-side panel. Here you should uncheck the options “Display online status next to me” and “Show user photographs when available.”
- Finally, click Ok to confirm this selection.
- Close the Outlook window and relaunch it.
Solution 7. Reset the navigation panel via Outlook.exe/resetnavpane
- Do not open Outlook now.
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R keys together.
- Type Outlook.exe/resetnavpane and hit Enter.
- Doing this will take the Outlook navigation panel to the default state hence resolving Outlook hangs on loading profile problem.
Solution 8. Create a new Outlook profile
If you think nothing is working out to resolve Outlook stuck on loading profile, then it must be due to a corrupted Outlook profile. Here are the steps that you should take to create a new Outlook profile.
- Make sure the Outlook is not open.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run box.
- Type control mlcfg32.cpl and hit Enter.
- Click the Show Properties button and then click Add.
- Enter the name of your profile and click Ok.
- On the next screen, you must enter your email credentials under the Email account field.
- The next step is to click on Always use this profile option.
- Finally, click Apply to confirm.
Still couldn’t go beyond Loading Profile on Outlook? Call the experts
If your Outlook stuck on loading profile still, then some advanced action needs to be taken to fix it. However, at first, you should try the above eight solutions to get rid of it. In case you couldn’t beyond the Loading Profile or blue screen then, simply connect with Outlook support experts at the toll-free helpline number.