MS Outlook is one of the most widely used web email service providers trusted by millions of users worldwide. There are different versions of MS Outlook available, which means the user can download the one as per their preference on their computer. Email services offered by MS Outlook are easy to use and offer smooth performance.
However, there are times when users encounter technical troubles while trying to access the software. One such common problem is Outlook keeps asking for password even if you have entered multiple times.
There can be several possible reasons due to which MS Outlook keeps asking for the password. In this post, we are going to highlight the common factors that cause the trouble along with the troubleshooting solutions to fix the problem.
So, let’s move on and find the easy steps to get rid of the issue.
Possible reasons behind Outlook Prompting For Password repeatedly?
If your MS Outlook keeps asking for the password, again and again, even if you have logged in successfully, then it could be due to the Windows version or outlook settings. The windows upgrade to improve the performance of your system, offers smooth functionality, better stability, and much more. However, sometimes you were ignored to upgrade their Windows operating system and encounter trouble like Outlook keeps asking for a password. This problem can occur in any Outlook version like MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, etc. If you want to get rid of the issue, proceed with the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Here are the factors responsible for Outlook keep asking for password issue:
- Outlook settings.
- Windows update or upgrade.
Before you proceed with the troubleshooting steps, you have to check whether removing the Windows password helps you to fix the issue.
You can also try to clear the internet options to see if the solution works. Furthermore, try disabling the ” IPv6″ and see if it fixes your problem. Also, you need to make sure that you set the windows user account as an administrator. If these changes are not helping you to fix the issue, proceed with the troubleshooting steps below and get rid of the problem.
Update the MS Outlook
The outdated MS Outlook settings could also be the reason that you are getting an “Outlook Keeps Asking For Credentials” error on your device even after the login. Thus, you must upgrade the outlook settings to its latest version available. Here are the steps to do this:
- Go to ” Outlook”.
- Click “File” and choose the ” About Outlook” option.
- Select “Office account”.
- Click the “Update” option.
- After this, click on “Update Now” Entry from the list appearing to find the new updates.
Upgrade Windows Software
The outdated Windows version can also be the reason that your Outlook keeps prompting for the password. So, if you want this problem, you must upgrade your Windows version to its latest upgrade available.
Hopefully, the steps above will help you to fix the Outlook keeps asking for password problems on your device. But, if the problem is not resolved yet, proceed with the troubleshooting steps below to deal with the issue.
Reset the login settings for MS Outlook
You can reset the login settings for MS Outlook to resolve the problem. For setting reset, go to the “Windows credential manager”. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow to do this:
- Open “Control panel”.
- Click “Credential manager”.
- Go to the “User account”>> “Credential manager”.
- From the “Windows credentials” and “Generic credential” section, you have to remove the credentials.
- Click the “Details” option.
- Select “Remove from vaults”.
- On the warning box, tap “Yes”.
- You need to repeat the steps for removing all the credentials associated with your email address.
Check the credential settings
- Start “MS Outlook”.
- Go to the “File” section.
- Click “Account settings”.
- Choose your “Exchange account”.
- Hit the “Change” button.
- Click the “more settings” option.
- Go to the “security” tab.
- Now you need to make sure that you have not selected the “always prompt for login credentials” option under the “user identification” tab.
- Hit the “Ok” button.
- At last “restart MS Outlook”.
Clear the cached password
- Exit “MS Outlook”.
- From the “Start” menu, click on “Control panel”.
- Go to the “Credential Manager” and find the “Credentials set” having Outlook in the name.
- Now, you need to click on the name for expanding the credential set.
- After that, click the “Remove vault” option.
Your Windows device will store the credentials on the system. If the cached credentials are not correct, you will be prompted to enter the password again.
Enable remember password option
- Go to the “File” tab.
- Click the “Account settings” option.
- Under the email tab, double click on the account.
- Now you will see a new window appearing on your screen, check the “Remember password” option.
If MS Outlook is still prompting for the password, you can create a new profile to fix the issue. Here are the step by step instructions to follow:
- Exit the “MS Outlook”.
- Open “Control panel”.
- Go to the “Mail” section.
- Go to the “Show profiles” option.
- Hit the “Add” button.
- Type the profile name and hit the ok button.
- After this, you need to type your name and email address.
- Hit the “next” button and then the ” finish” option.
- In the main window, you need to choose your new profile under the ” Always use this profile” dialogue box.
- Hit the “Ok” button.
If none of the above-mentioned solutions is helping you to fix the problem, then there are chances that the antivirus software installed on your device is not letting you use the outlook services. To deal with the issue, you can disable the antivirus program on your device temporarily.
Also, the poor or unstable internet connection can be the reason for the “Outlook Password Prompt Issue”. So, it is recommended to check your internet connectivity and make sure that your internet is stable and working fine.
If something is wrong with the internet connection, you can reset the router to its factory default and set it up again for seamless connectivity.
The Last Words
MS Outlook is an amazing email service provider and trusted by millions of users worldwide for sharing the smooth and productive emailing experience. However, just like any other software, technical issues are quite common to occur while using the MS Outlook services.
One of the most common issues faced by the users is “MS Outlook Keeps Prompting For Password” repeatedly, even though the user has entered it numerous times.
If you are also having the same issue with your MS Outlook software, the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps can help you to fix the problem.
The solution above will not only help you to fix the issue but also improve the performance of your MS Outlook software. However, if you are still unable to troubleshoot the concern on your own, you must consider the expert advice from MS Outlook professionals to find the best possible solution to the problem.
The experts are available around the clock to help and guide you to find out the root cause behind the problem and the most effective troubleshooting solution to fix it. So get in touch with the team now, and discover the most reliable solution to the issue.