What To Do When SBCGlobal Email Is Hacked?
Today, one cannot imagine their life without email communication. People use it for both professional as well as personal use. SBCGlobal email is one of the most prevalent email services that people use worldwide. However, sometimes you may open your account and find your SBCGlobal email hacked. Unfortunately, it is not an uncommon scenario. Hundreds of accounts every day are getting hacked, which is certainly not a good thing.
If you also face the same situation, it is natural to panic as you think about the adverse consequences. But there are several ways to restore your account. In this article, you’ll find all the red flags of a hacked SBCGlobal account and ways to recover it.
Indications of SBCGlobal Email Hacked Problem
When your account gets compromised, you will notice a variety of symptoms. Watch out for the following signs.
- Your contacts are complaining to you that they are receiving unusual spam emails from your account.
- You have not gotten any email or message for a prolonged period.
- There are unusual emails present in the sent folder. You have not sent those emails to anyone.
- When you cannot log in using your credentials into your account, it is the most definite indication of hacked SBCGlobal email account. It is because the hacker has modified your account password and has taken control of your account.
- You receive sudden password reset emails even without sending a request for the same.
- There’s an IP address that you don’t recognize.
What to Do When Your SBCGlobal Email Is Hacked?
If your mail account has been compromised, you will either be able to log into it or lose control over it fully. Use the methods given below as per your scenario.
Change the Password
This is for those users who can still access their SBCGlobal email. Just modify the password and make it a strong one. Follow the instructions below to restore your account.
- Head over to the official SBCGlobal website and log in to your account.
- Type in your credentials and tap ‘Sign in.’
- You will see your email inbox.
- Here, tap your profile name on the left part of the screen.
- Choose ‘Settings.’
- You will see a menu appearing. Select ‘Account Settings’ followed by ‘Privacy and Security.’
- Now, from the ‘Password’ section, choose ‘SBCGlobal change.’
- You’ll see a new window. Here, input your existing password.
- After that, make another strong password.
- Lastly, tap ‘Confirm.’
Use an Alternate Email Address
Users who want to recover hacked SBCGlobal email but cannot access their account can use their alternate email address. Here is how you can employ it to recover your email account.
- Launch the SBCGlobal sign-in page.
- Now, input your credentials, namely, your user ID.
- Then tap the ‘Forgot password option.
- Now a new window will pop up where you need to choose one of these two options.
- The first option will be ‘Send me a code via recovery email’, and the second is ‘Send me a code via recovery phone number.’
- Depending on the option you’ve chosen, you’ll get a verification code on either your phone number or alternate email ID.
- After getting this code copy it and input it on SBCGlobal’s recovery password page.
- You’ll now be shifted to a page where you can easily reset your password.
- Now all you need to do is head to the login page and input your existing email address along with the password you’ve just created.
Related Post:- How to Reset Sbcglobal Email Password
Utilize the Security Question
You can also use the security question when you find your SBCGlobal email account hacked. Follow these pointers to use the security question and retrieve your SBCGlobal email account.
- Firstly, open the Google search engine and navigate to the password page of SBCGlobal. You should open the find your password page of SBCGlobal.
- Once you arrive at the page, input the requisite data it demands from you. It will mainly be information about your email address and name.
- Hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the succeeding page, you will find various recovery options.
- Opt for the ‘Security’ question.
- Answer the question correctly and hit ‘Continue.’
- SBCGlobal will now confirm your answer.
- You’ll now find yourself on a page where you can reset the password of your hacked email account.
- Just input a fresh password and enter it again.
- Next, hit the ‘Continue’ button to finish the whole process of resetting the password.
- Now, you only have to wait after completing the process. You will find a message from the SBCGlobal service about your password having been reset successfully.
- Now, log in to your SBCGlobal email account through your email ID and the new password.
Perform an Antivirus Scan
If your system has a virus, it makes the task of hackers a lot easy. So, in order to keep your SBCGlobal email account protected, you must frequently update your antivirus software. It will ensure that your system has the latest protection. As a result, hackers will find it difficult to take control of your email account.
Related Post:- SBCGlobal.net Email Settings
Some Tips to Keep Your SBCGlobal Account Secure
Apart from the measures above, there are also certain tips for keeping your account secure from hackers at all times. Follow these effective security tips and safeguard your account.
- Share your emails only with people whom you trust. If you share it with everyone, you’ll only receive more spam.
- Make a strong password and keep changing it regularly. Today, with the emergence of modern technology, hackers can even guess a strong password. So, it is recommended that you keep changing it for one or two months.
- Install good antivirus software to keep your system free from virus attacks. When your system is well-protected, it becomes much more challenging for hackers to break into it. Thus, the likelihood of your email not getting hacked increases.
Discovering about the SBCGlobal email hacked issue is always a distressing experience. But these measures will help you retrieve your account successfully. Firstly, confirm the signs of hacking and then use a fix as per the situation. Seek help from an email support service for more information.