Entire Process to Setup SBCGlobal Email on iPhone
Summary: In this post, you will learn the steps to add your email account and the correct SMTP and POP/IMAP settings. Further, you’ll also read about effective fixes for when you can’t add your SBCGlobal account or use it on your iPhone.
Many people use the SBCGlobal email service globally. It offers many features that make it highly popular among individuals of all ages. If you want to set up SBCGlobal email on iPhone, you need the correct SMTP and IMAP/POP3 settings data. In the event of even a slight mistake in the settings information, you won’t be able to set up SBCGlobal on your iPhone. On the contrary, the right settings will give you quick access to your SBCGlobal email through your iPhone.
Setup SBCGlobal Email on iPhone
Before beginning the setup process, ensure that your iPhone has been updated to the latest release. Also, your phone must have good network coverage.
How to add SBCGlobal email to iPhone
When you want to use this AT&T email account on your phone, you must first add it. Follow these points for it.
- Head to the ‘Settings’ option on your iPhone.
- Now, scroll down and locate the ‘Mail’ option.
- Next, locate ‘Accounts.’
- Tap on this option.
- After that, find and touch ‘Add account.’
- This option is at the very bottom.
- Touch the ‘Other‘ option if you do not have the SBCGlobal.net email provider listed.
- Now, you can add your mail account.
- That’s it. After entering your SBCGlobal email address and account password, you’ll have added this account to your iPhone.
- Now, you can proceed to configure the SBCGLobal settings iPhone.
Also Read: SBCGlobal Email Not Working On Android
IMAP settings for SBCGlobal.net
Here are the correct IMAP settings for your SBCCGlobal.net email.
- imap.mail.sbcglobal.net is the IMAP account.
- 995 or 993 is the IMAP server port type.
- Choose a secure connection such as TLS or SSL.
- Your SBCGlobal email address is your IMAP username.
- The password of your SBCGlobal email account is the IMAP password.
POP settings for SBCGlobal.net
If you are a POP server user, this section is for you. Input these SBC email POP settings to configure your account on iPhone.
- pop.mail.yahoo.com is the POP server.
- 995 is the port number.
- Choose ‘Yes’ for SSL.
- Write your SBC email address in the username field.
- Input your SBCGlobal login password in front of the password field.
SMTP SBCGlobal email settings iPhone
The SMTP details are for the outgoing mail server. Here is the accurate SMTP SBCGlobal email settings information.
- smtp.mail.sbcglobal.net is the SMTP account.
- 587 or 465 is the SMTP server port type.
- Choose a secure connection such as TLS or SSL.
- Write your entire SBCGlobal email ID in front of the SMTP username field.
- Input the accurate SBCGlobal email password in front of the SMTP password.
Steps to Set up SBCGlobal.net email on iPhone
After knowing how to add your SBCGlobal.net email account and the relevant server settings, start setting up your account.
- Ensure that your iPhone is connected to stable internet.
- After that, head to the ‘Settings’ app on the phone.
- Scroll at the top. You will find the ‘Passwords and accounts’ option.
- Next, tap the ‘Add account’ button.
- After that, hit the ‘Other’ option.
- Input your name, email ID, and password.
- Head to the ‘Advanced Setup’ button and press it.
- Now, choose ‘IMAP.’
- Input the IMAP server information.
- After that, enter the port number.
- Turn on the encryption.
- Now, input the SMTP server address.
- Input the outgoing port number.
- After that, turn on the encryption.
- When you complete entering the correct settings, press ‘Finish.’
- Now you can enable the services.
- That’s it. You can now open your SBCGlobal email on your iPhone and start using it.
- If there are any issues while using the emails, you haven’t configured the settings correctly.
- So, go through these settings again and review the ones you’ve entered.
Also Read: Centurylink Email Settings
Fixes for When You Can’t Add SBCGlobal Email to iPhone
Many notice that even with the latest iOS version, they cannot add or configure their SBCGlobal account. Here are some useful solutions to try.
Check the server status of the SBCGlobal email
If the email service is down, you’ll have problems adding your SBCGlobal email account. To rule out this cause, check the server status of SBCGlobal email through sites like Downdetector. If the site shows the server status being down, you’ll need to wait till it is fixed.
Also Read: Cox Email Settings on iPhone
Verify SBCGlobal email settings on your iPhone
It is critical to exercise caution while setting up the SBCGlobal email account on the iPhone. You may be unable to add your email account because of incorrect server settings. If you feel this is the case, review the settings information mentioned in the earlier section. Your IMAP, POP3, and SMTP server settings should match perfectly with the ones in this article.
Begin Using SBCGlobal Email on Your iPhone
Now you can easily set up SBCGlobal email on iPhone. Using the guidelines here, accessing an email account on the go through iPhone will become easy. If you face any technical issues while configuring the email account, consult an email technical support expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is SBCGlobal email IMAP or POP?
SBCGlobal.net supports IMAP and SMTP. It means that you can check your SBCGlobal email through any other email program, such as Thunderbird or Outlook. Use the settings in this article to correctly configure your email account.
I can’t log in to my SBCGloabl.net account. What should I do?
If you are getting the error message FL001, you can reset your password. Follow these points.
- Log in to your AT&T account.
- Choose ‘Profile’ followed by ‘My AT&T sign in password.’
- Enter the new password and save the information.
- Free email account users should head to the ‘Forgot password’ page.
- Enter your email address and last name, and follow the prompts to change the password and log in to your account.
How to fix the SBCGlobal email not working?
SBCGlobal email may not work due to a bad internet connection, improper settings, wrong login credentials, and incorrect email settings. To fix the issue, examine your internet connection and speed. Do a speed test and find out whether your internet is fast enough to operate SBCGlobal email.
If you are using it on your browser, clear the browsing data, cookies, and site data.
How to recover an old SBCGlobal email account?
If you haven’t accessed your SBCGlobal email account for a few years, you’ll face issues retrieving your account. SBCGlobal keeps updating its procedures. So, you can access your mail via att.net or currently.com. They will direct you to a login screen, where you’ll need to input your email and password.