Gmail is a great emailing application available in the market. Millions of people globally are using Gmail services on a day-to-day basis for their personal and professional tasks. This wonderful application comes with fascinating features to share a great communication experience with users.
However, even with incredible features, users can always encounter technical issues with their Gmail that may take it down for any reason. If your Gmail not working, this post can help you to fix the problem. To resume sending or receiving emails, you need to troubleshoot the problem as soon as possible.
In this post, we have shortlisted the top five troubleshooting solutions that can help you to fix Gmail not responding or working errors on your device. So let’s proceed next and find the simple steps to fix the problem.
Why is my Gmail not working?
If your Gmail is not responding, it can be because of multiple reasons. Below we have listed some of the most common technical reasons due to which your Gmail may have stopped responding to the commands.
- Loading errors.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Server down error.
- Wrong configuration.
- SMTP error.
- Forgot password.
- Synchronization errors.
- Outdated web browser.
These are some common reasons to which you may get Gmail not working errors on your device. Now let’s proceed with the simple steps and troubleshoot the issue to continue with a quality emailing experience.
Gmail not working? Here is what you can do:
1. Troubleshoot Gmail synchronization error
Sometimes, users are unable to use Gmail Services because of Gmail synchronization errors. If your Gmail account fails to synchronize with the device, you can manually synchronize it following some simple steps.
However, you need to remember that this troubleshooting solution is not a permanent resolution to the problem, it can help you to fix the error temporarily. Here are the steps to follow:
- On your Gmail window, go to the ” settings”.
- Find and click on the ” accounts” option.
- Choose the ” Google entry” option.
- Check and make sure that every entry is on, choose the ” synchronize now” option.
- Find and click on the “sync now” option.
2. Update the web browser
Outdated web browsers can be the reason that Gmail not responding to your commands. Thus, it is recommended to upgrade the web browser to its latest version. Also, make sure that you are using the compatible browser for using Gmail.
You need to clear the data and cache from your Google application. For this you can follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned below:
- On your Gmail, go to the “Settings” and then “Applications”.
- Choose the “All Apps” option.
- Choose “Gmail”>>”Storage”.
- Then, Choose the “Clear Data” option.
This will help you to fix the Gmail errors and make you access services without any trouble.
3. Check for the updates
Sometimes the users are unable to access your Gmail on the smartphone device. This could be due to outdated Gmail applications or software. To fix the issue, you need to upgrade but even to its latest available version. Below we are sharing some simple step-by-step guidelines to do so:
- On your Gmail account, go to the ” settings” option.
- From here, choose “Software” updates. You can find the update option from the ” about device” tab.
- Choose the ” check for updates” option, and check if any new update is available for your software.
- If any update is available, click to install it.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the installation process get completed. After. Reboot your device.
Your email will start to work again.
4. Remove and add to Gmail account
If the above steps are not helping you to fix Gmail errors, you need to remove and add the Gmail account. Here are the step by step instructions to do so:
- Go to the ” settings”.
- Choose “mail, contacts, calendar”. Click “idownloadblog”.
- Delete your account.
- Go to the ” settings”.
- Tap on the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option.
- Choose the “Add account” option.
- Select the app and type your password to log in again.
5. Check configuration settings
Another possible reason behind your Gmail not working error can be the wrong configuration settings of your Gmail account. Thus, you need to check the configuration settings and make necessary changes to current them.
A. Outgoing email settings
- Go to the “settings”.
- Click ” Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- Choose ” Idownloadblog”.
- Tap on the account.
- Choose the ” SMTP from outgoing mail server” section.
- Click “Gmail SMTP Server” from the ” primary server section”.
Now, you need to check the details of the outgoing mail server. Make sure that you entered the correct information in the fields like username, hostname, authentication, SSL password, and server port.
B. Incoming email settings
- Click the “Settings” option.
- Choose the “Mail, contact, calendars” option.
- Choose ” IDownloadblog”.
- Go to ” advanced>> incoming settings”.
- From here, to modify the SSL, IMAP, Server, Path Prefix, find server port 993.
- Recover the Gmail account
6. Check the settings
Check and make sure that all the Gmail settings are correct. Increased settings can cause problems and may create Gmail issues that do not let you use the Gmail services. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow:
- Go to the Gmail application.
- From the menu, choose the ” settings” option.
- Choose the email.
- Tap the ” inbox notifications” option.
- Put a checkmark on “notify for every message”.
- Go to the “settings” window
- Choose the ” General settings” option.
- Unable to mail feature.
7. Key points to fix the Gmail not working error
If you get a notification that Gmail not working again, you need to check for some points that may help you to figure out the problem instantly. Here are the steps:
- Check the browser extension: Your browser extension can be the reason that you are getting Gmail errors on your device. You need to deactivate the browser extension for a while to access Gmail services.
- Use Gmail HTML: In addition to checking the web browser version, you can use Gmail HTML as the simpler alternative to access Gmail services.
- Synchronize Gmail: Many times users accidentally turn off the synchronization of Gmail accounts. This could be the reason that you are unable to access the Gmail services. To fix the problem, go to the Gmail application and tap on the Menu button. Go to the “settings” and tap on your Gmail account to make sure that you have checked the synchronization option.
So, these are some simple guidelines that can help you to fix the Gmail problems associated with your account. Once your problem is resolved, you can continue to use the Gmail services without any trouble. Proceed with the instructions mentioned and fix your problem instantly without any delay.
Hopefully, the steps will help you to resolve the query. But, if this does not happen, you must contact Gmail for expert advice. The professionals are available to provide any kind of support that the user needs to fix the problem. You can call the professionals, email them or message them at your convenience. They will find the root cause of the issue and the best possible solution to fix it.
So, if your Gmail not working and you have tried every possible thing to fix the issue, do not wait for another second and call the Gmail support experts now to find the most reliable solution to the problem.
We hope you have the best-emailing experience with Gmail!