Gmail Not Working with Chrome – Why and How to Resolve?
Gmail provides many emailing features to its users that make emailing easier. Users use Gmail for professional and personal work. Gmail is smoothly accessed and operates with Google Chrome, as it is also a product of Google. But there are many scenarios where Gmail not working with Chrome. It can be due to improper settings of chrome or Gmail. With this blog, we will resolve this issue with troubleshooting methods. We also provide you with the reasons why this is happening to you.
Why is My Gmail Not Opening in Chrome?
There are many factors why your Gmail not working with chrome. To provide you with proper explanations, we have listed the following:
- Due to slow internet connection.
- When you don’t clear the cache and cookies regularly.
- When chrome is not updated with the recent update.
- The firewall system blocks chrome operation.
- Due to the browser add-ons or extensions.
After getting the proper idea of why Gmail is not working in chrome, let’s resolve the problem and get Gmail to work.
Methods for Gmail Not Working With Chrome Problem
Here, you will learn how you can easily get your Gmail back to work. Follow the given methods:
But before heading towards the methods, check your internet first. Sometimes, due to bad internet, chrome can take some time, and your Gmail won’t load. After reviewing your internet, if it performs well and still faces the same, then go through the methods.
Method 1: Clear Chrome Browser Cache and Cookies
The chrome browser cache and cookies memory store the other sites’ data, which can harm other web pages. So when you try to access Gmail on chrome, that’s why your Gmail not loading new emails. Clearing the cache and cookies will fix your Gmail not working with chrome problem. The following are steps to clear the cache and cookies.
- Firstly, from your Chrome Browser, go to the Menu.
- Secondly, go to the More Tools option and select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Now the Clear Browsing Data window opens, ensure that the cache and cookies checkboxes are selected. You can unselect the Browsing History checkbox; it is optional.
- After that, choose a Time Range to clear the cache and cookies. To delete all cache and cookies, select All Time from the drop-down.
- Lastly, click on the Clear Data button.
If, after clearing the cache and cookies memory, Gmail not working on Google Chrome, then try the following method.
Method 2: Open Gmail in Incognito Mode
When Gmail not working with Chrome, you should try to open Gmail in Chrome’s Incognito Mode. This mode will eliminate all the other chrome features interrupting Gmail access. To use the incognito mode, the following are the steps:
- Go to the Chrome Menu and then click on New Incognito Window.
- Now, a new window will appear with a dark theme.
- Then, type Gmail.com in the Url field and press the Enter button.
- Type the Gmail Email Address and afterward click on Next.
- In the next step, provide your Gmail Password and click on Sign in.
- At last, check for the issue is occurring or not.
If Gmail is still not working on Chrome, then try to remove the add-ins or extensions from chrome.
Also Read: Gmail Says No Connection
Method 3: Disable or Remove Add-Ins/Extensions
Sometimes, the faulty add-ins the Gmail not working with Chrome. So to fix this issue, you should disable the add-ins from chrome with the following steps:
- Firstly, go to Chrome’s Menu.
- Then, hover over to More Tools and choose Extensions.
- Now, all the extensions will appear on the screen.
- Disable the extensions by clicking on the Blue Drag button.
- You can also remove the particular extensions by clicking the Remove button.
- After disabling the extensions, try to work on Gmail with Chrome.
If Gmail is still not operating with chrome after removing all the extensions, you should try to update it.
Method 4: Update Google Chrome
When Google Chrome is not updated, there are chances that bad scenarios come out, like chrome hanging on loading or Gmail not working with Chrome. So to fix this issue, you must check for the update over a period of time. Update Chrome with the following steps:
- From the Chrome Menu, choose Help.
- Then, you have to select the About Google Chrome option.
- Now, the Update window opens; if you see any updates, click on the Update button. If the Update is not there, you will see Chrome is Up to Date, which means you have an updated chrome.
If chrome is already updated and your Gmail still faces the issue, you must reset it with the following section.
Method 5: Reset Chrome
If the Chrome update doesn’t help you with Gmail not working with Chrome, then you must perform the Reset to Chrome. It will end all the bugs and makes chrome new. In this, you can lose your browsing data, saved password, history, and other data, so note down the essentials in the Notepad. After that, follow the given steps to reset:
- Firstly, go to the Chrome Menu.
- Secondly, select Settings.
- Now, choose the Reset and Clean Up option from the left menu.
- In the next step, select Restore Settings to Their Original Defaults.
- When the window opens, click on the Reset Settings option.
- In some time, your Chrome will be reset, and you will try to reaccess Gmail.
Also Read: Gmail Running Slow
Method 6: Perform a Clean Install
If resetting Google Chrome doesn’t help you, there must be an issue with Chrome and its installation files. Sometimes, due to incomplete installation files, you can face Gmail not working with Chrome issues. So uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome to get the issue fixed. The following are the steps:
- Press the Windows+R keys from the keyboard.
- Now, the Run command opens, type Control Panel in the Run field and press the Enter button.
- When the control panel opens, click on Programs and then Uninstall a Program.
- Now, from the Programs list, choose and right-click on Google Chrome.
- After that, choose Uninstall option.
- Later, click on Uninstall for confirmation.
In some time, chrome will be uninstalled. After the uninstallation, download and install Google Chrome’s latest version again. After the installation, restart your computer and try to access Gmail on chrome.
Method 7: Update Windows
If you still face Gmail not working with chrome after installing chrome, then you must update Windows for more compatibility. Windows updates will download many fixes that can resolve these types of problems. Update Windows with the following means:
- Go the Windows Start, and with the help of the Search Bar, search Settings.
- Now, open Settings and choose the Update & Security tab.
- After that, from the left choose Windows Update.
- Click on the Check Updates button to see any updates.
- If any updates are open, then click on Update.
If, after updating Chrome, you still encounter Gmail not working with Chrome, then you must check your Chrome service outage with Google Chrome Dashboard.
Method 8: Check for Chrome Service Outage
To check the Chrome Service Outage, go to the Chrome Dashboard. From here, you will be provided with all the information about the services of Google chrome. If there is any service outage, wait until the services go up, and chrome will work again.
If Chrome service is working perfectly but still Gmail not working with chrome, then you can reach us by Email or use the Live Chat option. Thank You!