How to Fix Outlook Operation Failed Error?
Outlook is the perfect email client to accumulate all the details in emails. It is used for professional and personal emailing. But sometimes, users face errors while using the Send/Receive feature – “Outlook Operation Failed. An Object Could Not be Found”. It disturbs the email flow. If you are getting the same and want methods that help you in fixing the error, then you are on the right page. Here, with this blog, you will get causes and methods; just stick to the blog.
Why Does Outlook Operation Failed Error Falls?
When the operation fails in Outlook, it can be related to improper configuration of Outlook. Sometimes, when the configuration files go missing, the Outlook application runs into a problem. That’s why you face Outlook’s operation failed attachment error, where you are not able to attach the file properly. It is also observed that the corrupted Outlook PST file can be the reason. As it contains all the Outlook data. Also, your system antivirus might block the send/receive feature due to prevent the system from any infection. These are the reasons, now to fix the issue head towards the following section.
Methods to Fix Outlook Operation Failed Error
When the Operation failed Outlook error occurs, you can’t be able to email any attachments also. So to fix the error, here are the methods:
Method 1: Disable Compatibility Mode
Compatibility mode allows the program to operate successfully with an older operation system version. So, if Outlook is also operating in the compatibility mode, then disable it to fix the Outlook Operation failed issue. Perform the following steps and disable it.
- Firstly, go to Windows Search and type Outlook.exe.
- When Outlook appears, click on Open File Location.
- After reaching the location, browse and right-click on the Outlook.exe file and select Properties from below the list.
- Now, go to the Compatibility tab and Unmark the “Run this Program in Compatibility Mode” checkbox if it is marked.
- Click on Apply >> OK to close the wizard.
- Finally, Restart your Outlook and review the error.
If the Outlook operation failed error still continues after following the above method, then follow the next method.
Method 2: Repair MS Office
There are some scenarios where the MS Office undergoes some technical glitches that create problems. Thus you get an Outlook operation failed error. To resolve the error, repair the MS Office program. Repairing the MS Office will help in Outlook Email Operation Failed Attachment Error. Now, go through the following steps:
- Firstly, go to the Windows Search bar from the Start menu, type Run, and press the Enter button. Or can simply press the Windows+R button to get Run Command.
- Secondly, compose appwiz.cpl in the Run box and click on OK.
- Now, a list of programs will appear on the screen, select MS Office Program version and click on Change.
- When prompted, click on the Repair option and then Continue.
- The repairing procedure will start; wait for a while.
- After repairing, restart your MS Outlook program and check the error.
If the repairing process doesn’t help you with the operation failed in Outlook, then there must be some with the Outlook profile. So to fix the error, create a new profile with the following section.
Method 3: Create New Outlook Profile
When you get Outlook operation failed on the screen and repairing doesn’t help, it means your Outlook profile is corrupted. So creating a new one will resolve your issue quickly. Pursuing are the actions:
- In the first step, shut the Outlook program.
- Then, navigate to Start and open Control Panel.
- Now, go to the User Accounts and select Mail.
- When the Mail Setup wizard opens, click on the Show Profiles option.
- Here, pick Add option for creating a new Outlook profile and the “Always Use This Profile” button.
- Now, in the following wizard, provide a Name for the new Profile and hit OK.
- After that, provide Your Email Account information and click OK.
- From the Add New Account dialog box, choose the Email Account button and provide your details. Click Next.
- Now, a connection with the server account will start.
- After the completion, click on Finish.
- Finally, access Outlook and check the error.
Method 4: Turn Off the Antivirus
When you install, third-party programs like antivirus can affect MS Outlook. It is also a reason that you are getting Outlook operation failed errors. So, disabling the antivirus program from the system can help you in resolving the problem. You can also uninstall or re-install the antivirus. But while reinstalling it, always unmark the email scanning option. Now, disable the antivirus with the following means:
- Firstly, open the Outlook program and go to the File tab.
- Secondly, select Options and then Add-Ins.
- After that, using the dropdown list, pick the COM Add-Ins option and click GO.
- From the COM Add-Ins, check the Antivirus checkbox to remove add-ins.
- After selecting Add-ins, select the Remove button.
- Lastly, restart the Outlook program.
Method 5: Repair PST File
One of the Outlook operation failed error is the corrupted PST file. It is a must procedure to fix the corrupted PST file. For that, we will use the Outlook in-built Inbox Repair Tool, i.e., SCANPST.exe. Following are the steps:
- Go to the given location to find the SCANPST.exe – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office1X.
- After locating, open the Scanpst.exe utility.
- Now, pick the Corrupted PST file and click on Start to begin the scanning procedure.
- When an error list appears, click the Repair button to activate the repair practice.
- At last, when the repair ends, open Outlook and check the error.
Now, we are at the end. Now, you know the fixation process for Outlook Operation Failed error. It isn’t very pleasant, which users don’t want to experience. So, follow the above methods and eliminate the problem quickly. However, if you think some expert assistance can help you, then contact our Outlook support professionals with the Email or Live Chat option. They are 24×7 available to provide you with the solution. Thank You!