Why Is My Yahoo Verification Code Not Working? How Can I Fix It?
Yahoo Mail is extremely prominent for its flawless accessibility, the extra layer of security service, and numerous striking features. However, when it comes to securing your account from unauthorized access, you need to set up two-step verification for your Yahoo account. The Yahoo Verification code is not only utilized for verifying or protecting your account but also for recovering or changing your Yahoo Password.
But, there are times when Yahoo Verification Code Not Working. If unfortunately, you receive a verification code neither on your registered mobile number nor email address, there is an issue with your Yahoo Mail.
That’s why it is very crucial to identify why the verification code or link is not working and what to implement to get it sorted out. In the blog post, we gathered factual pieces of information that helps you to soon get out of such a problematic situation and hence, easily access Yahoo. Thus, feast your eyes!
Feasible Reasons Why Yahoo Verification Code Not Working
If Yahoo not sending verification code or even after receiving it, the code doesn’t work, malicious reasons could be responsible for this issue. The most possible causes are listed below. Have a glimpse:
- Using a landline despite having a mobile phone.
- Crossing Sending data limit
- Maybe you provide the wrong contact info such as a mobile number or email address.
- Yahoo is probably blocked by your ISP.
- Yahoo Mail Verification Code Link is possibly expired as there is a limited time period to use the code.
- Sometimes, your Yahoo Verification Code doesn’t work if you entered the incorrect code into the field.
- Maybe you are receiving an invalid verification URL on your alternate email address.
- Device issues such as hardware problems or exhausted message memory sometimes can also prevent you from receiving Yahoo Verification Code.
- During verification, you might have entered incorrect contact info namely mobile number or email address.
Also Read: Yahoo Emails Disappeared From Inbox
Effectual Solutions To Annihilate Yahoo Verification Code Not Working Problem
Beneath, we’ve compiled various troubleshooting methods that you need to implement one after another until the Yahoo Verification Code Not Working problem gets resolved. So, all you need to do is to start following and applying the below-given guided solutions without having second-thought in your mind. Let’s begin!
Solution 1: Try To Resend Code
If the code that you received from Yahoo is not working for your account verification, don’t worry! You can see the “Resend Code” option on the verification page. So, simply, click on the “Resend” tab and then check your email address or mobile to get the code. After receiving the code, instantly enter it into the required field to check if it works.
Solution 2: Check Yahoo Server
Usually, Yahoo sends a verification code to your preferred contact address. So, if the Yahoo server is down, you won’t receive a code on your mobile phone or a link on an alternate email address. However, you can check the server status of Yahoo Mail by visiting the “Downdetector.com/status/yahoo/” link. On this site, you will know if it is only you facing the server-down error or if every Yahoo users have the Yahoo Verification Code Not Sending problem. At that point in time, you will have to wait till the server outage problem gets resolved.
Also Read: Recover a Hacked Yahoo Mail Account
Solution 3: Carefully Enter Your Confirmation Code
There is a chance you mistakenly give some space while entering the code into the “Enter a verification code” text field. That’s why, you are highly recommended to enter the code immediately but carefully. Don’t hit the “Space” key on your keypad otherwise; the received Verification Code From Yahoo will not work. Therefore, only entering the correct code will lead you to recover your Yahoo account.
Solution 4: Enter Verification Code ASAP
Within the specified time duration you need to enter the code and click the “Verify” tab. If the respective time is up and then you insert the code, it will not accept and hence Yahoo Verification Code Not Working. So, make sure you type the Yahoo Verification code received from the registered mobile number or click the URL from the email address as soon as possible. Once the time is expired, the code/link will be invalid, for sure.
Solution 5: Double-Check Your Contact Info
Sometimes, only a minor mistake can create difficulty in verifying the authentication. So, if Yahoo Mail Authentication Failed to verify it, check your account info. Make sure either of your Email ID & Mobile Number that you have provided for receiving the verification code is 100% accurate and correct.
Also Read: Reset Yahoo Mail Password
What To Do If You Can’t Receive Verification Code From Yahoo?
Here’re the advanced solving tips for not receiving Yahoo Verification Code Text Message or via an alternate email address. Let’s apply the provided course of action:
Tip 1: Check Your Internet
Make sure you have a strong internet connection. Check the Wi-Fi or cellular data and ensure it is working.
Tip 2: Compatible Yahoo & Browser
Use the currently released version of Yahoo and a compatible web browser.
Tip 3: Verify Available Storage Space In A Device
- Make sure there is sufficient storage space available on your device. Before making a request for a code via text message, remove unwanted messages to have enough internal storage.
- If you use your registered email address for the Yahoo Verification code, make sure Inbox has space to receive new emails. If required, you can delete some Yahoo emails that are not so important.
Tip 4: Go to the Spam Folder
- If you still won’t receive Yahoo Mail Verification Code Link, check the Spam folder in your Yahoo email account. It is however possible that the email that contains the verification code is landed in the Spam folder despite Yahoo Mailbox/Inbox.
Tip 5: Update Your Recovery Information
If you won’t receive a verification code, then probably your recovery information such as an alternate email address or phone number has gone outdated. At this stage, you need to update your account info to avoid facing this issue. Either using your web browser or the Yahoo Mail app, you can update the recovery info. Here’s how:
Using Web Browser
- First, sign in to your Yahoo account
- Then, click on your profile name at the top-right corner and select the “Account Info” tab.
- After that, click on the “Account Security” tab.
- Now, slightly scroll down to see all the information that is already added to your Yahoo account.
- Afterward, click “Edit” if you want to replace the existing information with a new one.
- Other than that, you can also click “Add Email Address” or “Add Phone Number” to add a new one.
- Make sure that a new email address or phone number you are trying to add is active. If so, you will receive the verification code with no hassle.
- Now, enter your Yahoo password to get the updated details verified.
Using Mobile App
- First, open the Yahoo Mail app
- Make sure you are already signed in.
- Now, click the “Manage Accounts” tab.
- Click on the “Account Info” tab located under your Yahoo account.
- Then, select the “Security Settings” option.
- Slightly scroll down to the bottom to see all your recovery information.
- Now, either click the “Edit” tab or click “Add email address,” or “Add phone number” to replace the existing information to a new one.
Now, you can receive the Verification Code From Yahoo and hence protect your account or modify your Yahoo password.
Also Read: Reactivate Yahoo Account
Tip 6: Verify Your Mobile Number or Email Address
After changing your email id or password, it is extensively required to verify it otherwise you won’t be receiving the verification code. So, let’s follow the given below steps to verify your information:
Using a Web Browser
- First, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click the “Edit” tab for the unverified method of recovery.
- Now, click “Verify Now” for the option you want to verify.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompted instructions to complete the verification process.
Using Yahoo Mail App
- First, click on the icon of your profile.
- Select “Manage Accounts”
- Tap “Account Info” and choose the option of “Security Settings”
- Then, simply click “Edit” for the recovery option.
- Now, click “Verify Now” for the unverified option.
- In the end, follow the on-screen prompted instructions to complete the verification process.
Also Read: Setup Yahoo mail in Outlook
Yahoo 24×7 Online Support For Yahoo Verification Code Not Working Issue
A Verification code is very important if you run a Yahoo Mail for email sending or receiving. It helps to protect your account from intruders and also lends you a hand to recover Yahoo Mail or its password. However, with the implementation of the aforementioned troubleshooting techniques, the Yahoo Verification Code Not Working problem may get solved. But, if, unfortunately, yet you can’t receive a verification code or it is not working, don’t feel blue! Contact our dexterous tech geeks for quality Yahoo 24×7 Online Support.