The shared mailboxes in Outlook allow the users or groups to send and view the emails, share the calendar using a common mailbox. If you are an MS Outlook user, then you might be knowing about the shared mailboxes with a common email address. This feature makes email tasks effortless; especially for businesses. Multiple users can access the shared mailbox if they have access. It is pretty simple and straightforward to add a shared mailbox in outlook. In this post, we are going to discuss briefly adding the shared mailboxes in MS Outlook. So, keep reading and find how you can do it.
How to add a shared mailbox in outlook?
Below you are going to find how to add a shared mailbox in Outlook. But before you add the shared mailbox, there are certain things you need to take care of. Following are the points you need to carefully consider before you make the next move:
- The shared mailbox must be set up and available in MS 365.
- The MS 365 Outlook must be configured.
- You must have access from the administrator to a shared mailbox.
Once the admin has provided you with access to the shared mailbox in MS 365, you restart MS Outlook. After that, you can see the shared mailbox appearing in the folder pane present below the ” primary mailbox”. In case you are unable to find that, you can manually add the shared mailbox. Keep reading to find how.
Manually add a shared mailbox to Outlook: Steps To Follow
It may take some time for shared mailboxes to appear in the MS Outlook folder pane. However, if you failed to add a shared mailbox to Outlook, do it manually following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Open “MS Outlook”.
- Go to the “File” section.
- Tap on ” Account Settings”.
- From the menu, click ” account settings”.
- After this, click on the ” email” tab.
- At the bottom, you will find the “Change” option, click on it.
- A new tab will appear on your screen. Here, you have to click on “More”, go to the “Settings”, click on the ” Advanced” section, and then “Add”.
- Here, you have to mention the shared email address to which the administrator has added you.
- Hit the “Ok” button.
- At last, click on the finish or close option.
This is how you can add a shared mailbox to Outlook manually. Now, you are all set to send and receive emails using this mailbox.
How to use a shared mailbox in MS Outlook?
After successfully adding a shared mailbox in Outlook, you can use it for sending or receiving emails. To know how to send emails using a shared mailbox, follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Go to the ” MS Outlook”.
- Click ” new email”. You can find this option present above the folder list.
- A new message window will appear on your screen. Here, you have to click the “-” icon, and then choose the “Show From” option.
Important: The “Show From” option will let you know that the receivers are going to receive the emails from a shared mailbox address.
- If you are using the shared mailbox service in Outlook for the first time, then you are supposed to add the email in the “From” section using the drop-down menu.
- For this, right-click on the “From” option.
- Choose “Remove”.
- Type the address of the shared mailbox, so that next time you send the email using this address you can see it appearing as an option in the dropdown list.
- Now you have to add the address of the recipient; for this, type the name or Email address of the person from your list.
- Once you have typed the message, hit the send button.
The Email will be sent from your shared mailbox.
How to use a shared mailbox calendar?
When you add a shared mailbox in Outlook, you also get the privilege to use a shared mailbox calendar. This calendar is shared by the mailbox members and they can edit, create, or delete an event in the calendar. If you haven’t got the access to shared mailbox calendar, you can access it with the following steps:
- Sign in to MS Outlook through the web.
- Go to calendars. From the menu, choose the ” other calendar option” with the right click on it.
- Choose ” Open calendar”.
- Check for the shared calendar you would like to open in the “From” directory. Click to open it.
- Now, you can see the shared calendar in your calendar list.
We hope that after reading the above-mentioned information you will get to know how you can add a shared mailbox in Outlook and use it. A shared mailbox is the greatest feature allowing multiple users in a group to send and receive emails using a common email address. The steps mentioned are easy to follow, but if you still have a doubt or any other concern, don’t hesitate to contact Outlook experts. The professionals are available round the clock to help, to get in touch with the team anytime you want.